Sunday, February 17, 2008

A rush of inspiration!

Seriuosly, Roni (Roni’s Weight Watchen Page(s)) always is so inspiring so I found a recipe of hers and made it. That Quick Quinoa & Turkey Taco Stew . It looks just like she made it and taste really good too. Even dh liked it.
I figured I would freeze some. Then I cut up 2 packs of chicken breast and threw in some garlic to cook it up. I then bagged 3 10 oz bags and 3 3 oz bags. I kept one of each out for the week. I figured I would make something with the 10 oz one for dinner this week and something for lunch w/the other one.
I also cooked up a lb of ground turkey and bagged it for later this week AND I have a pork tenderloin cooking in the crockpot.

I guess I figured if I have all this stuff already cooked, it will be easy to throw together some kind of a meal instead of relying on the fast frozen items. I actually cook most of the time, but for some reason I thought lets make this week as easy as possible. YEAH!! I am actually really excited about it.

On a side note, I am doing a bit better. I was just so sad by all the things going on and it is really hard to have energy left after spending time with my kids to be on track and happy about it. That sounded wrong, lets see if I can put this into the words I want to. I had so little energy left this week after all the crap that was going on, I really just wanted to put it all into time with my kids instead of expending it else where. They deserve the best of their mom, unfortunately, there wasn't much left this week.

Thanks for letting me ramble. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! I need to learn from you and give that a try, too!

-Chris

PS: Glad to hear you're doing better this week!