Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Free Lap band...

Yep, you heard me right. Free lap band. Does that not stir up all kinds of thoughts of easy weight loss?

So, I had dinner with my good friend last night who is a psychologist and happens to be having a baby on Friday. (yeah!!!) Anyway, we were talking about her private practice and how she works with a dr. who is getting ready to do FREE trials on 32 people for the lap band procedure and she was worried b/c she is the psychologist who has to sign off on them and she was unsure of how she would find the time with a newborn.

I have to admit I got to dreaming for a minute about it the posibilites of having a free surgery to make losing weight easier. Seriously. I can eat really well, but I definately get hungry and that is when I have problems.

Thing is, I know I don't have enough to lose to be eligible (although, I am not as far away from it as I would like to be) and second, I really want to be able to do this in order to show my kids how to be healthy. I know I can. When I choose to be disciplined about it, I really can. I have done it once before and will do it again.

But free...sigh...

My friend read my mind and was like "ummm, no way." She basically laughed at me and said you are too far away from it and really, you can...blah, blah, blah...all the things that I was thinking.

Still...

Well, we had a nice meal. I did eat too much bread, but that is what I have those darned flex points for. I was hoping to save them for Disneyland this weekend. Oh, didn't I mention I was going there? Dh is in the national guard and his base was the site for all the firefighting equipment (planes) that came out this summer and there is this great promotion that he gets a free ticket and we can buy up to 5 more for $56. They are 3 day park hoppers so a great deal. I am so excited b/c the kids are getting old enough to be really excited about the characters.

Nice tangent there. So, I have to figure out how to eat on my points at Disneyland. More stress but I can pack good snacks and the park is actually getting pretty health friendly.

Sorry, for the nice long post...just had a lot on my mind.

Free...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm with you...it's tempting. I mean it's FREE! But for me, I am too far away from where I would need to be to be able to qualify for that (and I applaud myself for that much at least!). But I can't believe someone is offering it for FREE. WOW.