Friday, March 21, 2008

TGIF!

Happy Friday all!

I worked my butt off this week in order to get a little free time this morning and I am enjoying every minute of it. I have read some of my book and took a shower and that is all. I know I will regret it later when I am rushing around after the kids go down, but for now it is all good.

I am doing well. I have noticed that the longer I am OP the better my control gets. For example, last night I made these really yummy dessert cups (dark chocolate cups w/banana pudding in them). They were 3 pts each and we have a ton left over. I am sitting here thinking I am hungry and open to the fridge to find them. Instead of reaching for the tuperware, I opened the veggie drawer and pulled out a bag of carrots. Talk about a NSV! Woot!

After I am done here I plan on getting some recipes for the week. I like to plan out the week in advance and then shop only for the things I need. No use having stuff in the house that will only tempt me to not be as healthy as I should be.

Oh, I made this veggie filler this week. It is similar to Roni's (http://weightwatchen.com/2006/12/roni-1-point-all-purpose-veggie-filling.html) but I put in shredded carrots, brocolli and no tomatoes. Just a little veggie broth to cook it all up. I used it in a hamburger I made for myself this week and put a bunch in the lasagna I made last night. It is yummy, easy to grab and makes the meal that much better for you.

Hope you all have a great weekend. I hope to try and catch up with you some then. :-)

1 comment:

HappyBlogChick said...

How wonderful to have some downtime. You earned it.

Have a great weekend.