Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tofu shirataki noodles


A Review...

They have a recipe for them in the HG cookbook. The flavor was good, I just couldn't get past the texture...which is really too bad, b/c the ENTIRE bag is only 20 calories. Can you believe it? Really, they tasted fine, just a little too chewy and hmmm...how do I put it...I guess slimy? Does that make sense?
Anyway, I know others who swear by these so this is just my personal opinion. I guess I will have to stick to the higher points whole wheat noodles...less chew and more flavor. Unless, any of you guys have better ideas.

5 comments:

carla said...

I LOVE THESE and laugh that I just filmed a monday facetime singing their praises.

took me a while to find love though :)

MizFit

Miss July...not...yet said...

Yeah, I think if I had not KNOWN that they were tofu I would have been fine as well. I have this horrible mental block about things and then texture plays a big part...the good news is that my dh had no clue what it was and really liked it! So there you have it!

The Price's Wife said...

I'll have to give them a shot. For 20 calories I might be able to choke them down!

Swizzlepop said...

I've been wondering about these. I see them at Safeway all the itme but the fact that they come in water freakes me out. They just look weird. Like soggy worms or something. I pick them up everytime I see them to see if I think I cna do it and so far, no such luck. Your texture description confirms it form me. I do not wantoverly chewy slomy noodles. The thought alone makes me queesy. Thanks for posting about them, I think I would feel the same way you do.

Natalie said...

i prefer the whole wheat noodles! we have eaten these a few times and they are okay if you wash them really well but well, they don't really satisfy the pasta craving.