Saturday, August 23, 2008

Zucchinni Parmesan

I got this recipe from Simple & Delicious

1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 medium zucchini, cut in 1/4 inch slices
1 can (14-1/2 oz) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

* In large skillet, saute garlic in oil. Add zucchini; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
* Stir in the tomatoes, seasoned salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 9-10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and mixture is heated thru. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
* Serve with slotted spoon.
Yield: 6 servings
1/2 cup equals 81 calories, 3 g F 2 g fiber

I made this and it was really good. I didn't have any Parmesan cheese so I figured it was about 1 pt per serving.
I think next time I will try cooking spray instead of the oil to try and cut down on the points. The family really liked it too!

No comments: