Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I've decided to do it.

Yep, no matter how much I say I hate it. No matter how much I "can't" do it. No matter how hard it is or how long it takes me. I am breaking down.

I am going to learn how to run.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....someone might hear me and hold me to it.

I decided that I really needed to find a way to step up the work out and increase my metabolism. I can't run. Really. Maybe 2 minutes it the longest I have ever lasted. And slow, well it is my middle name.
So today, after making this decision, I walked 15 minutes, ran 5, walked 15, ran 5 and walked 15 more. My face was BRIGHT red and I looked like a moron running about as fast as I walked, but hey, I did it.

Now, don't remind me of this post. Maybe if I pretend I didn't write it, I can act like I never had this thought...ha ha! We shall see. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Good for you! Interval training like that is smart too. Incremental increases are the way to go. The first walk I took after surgery was only about a block and it was horrible. For a week I'd walk that block. Then the next week a few blocks. I didn't increase every time though. Now I'm up to 2.5 miles. It's nothing like I was before, but compared to where I started post-op, 2.5 miles is a miracle. I'll keep after you to keep after yourself. It only gets easier :-)

carla said...

oooh. I mightcould have a post like this in my drafts :) which Ill never post.

and am PROUD EXCITED FOR YOU!!

Amanda said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!

WOW!! How awesome for you to make this huge step. You rock. :)