Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Looking back and finding what works.

So, the other day, I wasn't feeling great so I ate very little. It got me to thinking about how I ate the first time I lost weight and realized that I had been trying something different and it wasn't working.

When I lost weight the first time, I was single and had no one else to cook for. I ate all day long (lots of 1-2 points snacks and meals) and I was fine. I exercised excesively too...but that is b/c I was training for the avon 3 day. I was walking somewhere along the lines of 25 hours a week. Crazy. Who has time for that now?

This time I cook healthy meals for my family and eat 4-6 times a day. I get hungry in between and have no time to exercise. I would eat a 1 pt english muffin w/pb for breakfast, along with my coffee and sometimes a 2 pt cinnamon role. Then I would snack on a muffin or fruit. Then I would have a 6 pt lunch then snack then dinner and sometimes snack again. I think that I lose track of the fact that I do get hungry, all day.

So, I am back to the basics, for me, for a while. 2-3 pt breakfast. 2-3 pt snacks (3 times a day...maybe 4) and 5-6 pt lunch and same for dinner. I need to try and allow myself that extra food just in case I am hungry and there are BAD choices out there. I think, for a while at least, I need to cook seperately for my family and me. Still good stuff for them and maybe just a variation for me. They dont' need to lose so just having healthy stuff works for them.

As for the exercise. I still haven't figured that out. I wake up at 6, get home w/the kids at 6 and then they go down at 8. With the sun staying out later, I may be able to take them on a short walk but sometimes it is hard. They need baths and dinner and I am making excuses. Sigh.

Well, that is my ramble for now. Sorry if you stuck it out! Boring!!!!

1 comment:

HappyBlogChick said...

It's great that you have a template from which to work ... it stinks to lose weight and gain it back (oh how I know that!), but it sure gives us confidence and knowledge and tools to make it work the next time around, ya know?

Good luck with the new old plan!